The Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul plus our physical location of Bloomington, offer a wide variety of things to see and do. Some of these are accessible by light-rail to downtown Minneapolis. Others will require a car. Here are just a few of the possibilities:
- Minnesota Valley Natural Wild Life Refuge: Across the road from the hotel the Wild Life Refuge offers approximately eight miles of walking trails plus a visitors’ center with a variety of programs to entertain and educate.
- The Mall of America: The largest enclosed shopping mall in the United States. Hundreds of stores from major retailers to one-of-a-kind boutiques. Dozens of restaurants from fine dining to food courts. A walk-through underwater adventure. A full-on amusement park with roller coasters. Free shuttle service between the hotel and the Mall.
- If you prefer your amusement park open to the elements, just a short trip southwest of the hotel will take you to Valleyfair Amusement Park. Acres of rides, half a dozen roller coasters, food, souvenirs, and Soak City Water Park are included in admission.
- Minnesota Zoo: South of the venue in the Eagan suburb is the Zoo. Several “trails” take you through themed exhibits.
- Fort Snelling is a multi-part location on the other side of the airport:
- At the Historic Fort Snelling, you can explore the history of one of the first forts in this area and experience life in the 1800s.
- Fort Snelling National Cemetery: National Military Cemetery
- Fort Snelling State Park: Located in the heart of Twin Cities the park offers hiking and biking trails as well as canoe and kayak rental
- Minnehaha Falls and Park: Not far from our hotel this is a large park with a lovely waterfall. In addition to a 53-foot waterfall, there are many other things to see and do including hiking.
- Guthrie Theatre: Featuring three performance spaces, the Guthrie is a world-renowned theatre located in the Minneapolis Warehouse District. Playing on the iconic thrust state will be West Side Story. On the proscenium stage will be “The Legend of Georgia McBride”. Individual tickets for both shows will be sale February 15th.
- Sporting venues:
Paisley Park: Home/studio of the musician, Prince. Tours are available. Prices vary based on the tour and day selected.
For more adult-themed entertainment, these venues are a short trip to the southwest:
- Canterbury Park: Live Thoroughbred Horse Racing and a card room.
- Mystic Lake Casino Hotel: Slots, blackjack, bingo, and pull tabs. Seven restaurants and four bars. An 18-hole championship golf course. Full-service Spa. Mystic Showroom for concerts. Free shuttle service between the Mall of America and the Casino.
- Little Six Casino: Next door to Mystic Lake. A smaller, more intimate casino experience with slots, blackjack, and a restaurant and bar.
There are many other tourist opportunities available in the metropolitan area. Just let us know what might interest you, and we will try to steer you in the right direction!
Here is a couple of links to additional resources you can use to plan your vacation:
Please Contact us if there is information on something that I didn’t include.